EME Blog 7

 Hello y'all!

After doing some research on high schools that I'm aware of in both Tennessee and Florida, I'm finding that most school websites do not include links to teacher websites. In the faculty directories, it usually just lists the phone numbers and emails of the teachers. I do remember from my time in high school that when my teachers used their websites, it was mainly for summer reading/work or to keep parents updated. Since applications such as Google Classroom, Canvas, and Blackboard are becoming more and more common, it's less likely for teachers to use their websites for constant updates. Here is one of the websites I consulted for this information: https://www.leonschools.net/leon

In my classroom, I feel I will be most likely to use the standard connective applications I listed above, and also websites that allow me to connect with other teachers to gain inspiration for lesson plans or modules. I feel that collaboration within the teaching community, especially in fine arts where the standards are a bit looser, is a great way to find resources for students. With this connectivity, I feel that I will mostly use articles, YouTube videos, and literary resources such as plays in my classroom. All of these can be accessed digitally, which is ideal for modern classrooms.

I found the Pages portion of Canvas to be much more convenient and easy to navigate than I initially expected it to be. I was able to meet up with one of the members of my group and we navigated through this section of Canvas together, which was very helpful. Overall I enjoyed the Groups section when it came to first connecting with my group members, and then we moved over to Snapchat. I don't have a recommendation for a different resource that comes to mind, I think Groups worked well and it was easy to access information that way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EME Blog 5

EME Week 3: ISTE Standards and "Digital Natives"