EME Blog 8

Ms. Ava's Theatre Class Website
As far as AI tools go, I'm very hesitant to engage in those resources. I suppose that AI is naturally and gradually being integrated into our lives through other applications such as social media, but I tend to avoid intentionally using these tools. I know a lot of people use ChatGPT, for example, to write papers or create summaries of resources, but I don't feel motivated to use ChatGPT. I'd rather write my own content.
As I stated above, I don't have much experience at all using ChatGPT. In fact, this assignment is my first time engaging with this software. I decided to have it write me a paragraph that answers the next prompt's question that I will attach below (and then answer the prompt myself). I find it almost startling that AI ca come up with information that quickly and that people use it to replace their own thoughts and work. I think this is a concern that would come up in the classroom as well, but I would try my best to acknowledge that ChatGPT is something that future students will be very familiar with and try to use it as an assistive tool instead of an assignment completer. 
ChatBPT last paragraph: 
AI tools have revolutionized productivity across industries by streamlining tasks and automating processes. Through advanced algorithms and machine learning capabilities, these tools can analyze vast amounts of data in seconds, providing valuable insights and predictions. Additionally, AI-powered automation can handle repetitive tasks with precision and efficiency, freeing up human resources to focus on more complex and creative endeavors. By harnessing the power of AI, businesses can optimize workflows, reduce operational costs, and ultimately achieve higher levels of productivity.
My last paragraph: 
I think that AI tools can increase productivity if used as an assistant, like I stated before. I've spoken with my mom, who owns her own business and has written a book, about her perspective on ChatGPT. She says that she uses ChatGPT by feeding it the text from her book (her own original work) and tells it to create blog posts or short articles for her based on what she had written previously. I can see this being a useful tool for when she wants to put out something for her business on a short timeline. I could see myself using AI to help me think of ideas for a lesson plan, or even give me outlines for assignments and lesson plans as well. 

Comments

  1. Hey Ava! I loved your use of contrast within your site. I noticed that you used darker banners on each page along with a light text color so that the audience could clearly read the content. I also think that you did a great job using repetition within your site. I think that making the headers the same color throughout the site is helpful in identifying the topic of the page as well as creating an appealing look. I think that the alignment used on your site is amazing, especially on the "Weekly Breakdown" page. The aligned bullet pointed lists creates a uniform, organized look that it appealing as a reader. Your "Weekly Breakdown" page also shows great use of proximity, as you have beginner and advanced topics grouped separately. This is a great way to divide up this information and show that the items in each list are grouped together. It looks like your site follows all of the CRAP principles perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EME Blog 5

EME Week 3: ISTE Standards and "Digital Natives"

EME Blog 7