EME Blog 6

When using Diigo this last week, I liked the interactive components of the application. I appreciated how simple it was to use the annotation tools and how I could easily interact with other people. The application is just a simple web browser extension which is very accessible when annotating different sources on my web browser. My only critique of Diigo is that the software feels a bit outdated. I think the extension could benefit from an update and makeover. I have really enjoyed blogging so far. I think blogging is a great way to organize my concise thoughts about each module we have every week. It gives me an opportunity to share my opinions about different topics in educational technology. I also think that blogger is a very easy site to navigate. With all of the outside sources we have to embed into widgets, I have found it very straightforward to access those tools and simply embed whatever I need to.  
As an educator, I think an interesting tool I would implement in my classroom is YouTube. For teaching theatre, I think using clips from shows, plays, or videos that display the technical sides of theatre would serve as important visual representations for my students. I could also upload videos for my students and reference other teachers' videos in my classroom. The one component with YouTube I would need to be aware of is making sure the content is appropriate for younger audiences. https://www.youtube.com/ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EME Blog 5

EME Week 3: ISTE Standards and "Digital Natives"

EME Blog 7