My First EME Blog

 Hi y'all!

My name is Ava and I'm a student at FSU! I'm a performer and have been doing theatre since I was five years old, and I plan to continue performing as a career out of college. My long term goal is to become a dance or theatre teacher after I've performed for a few years and I've decided to complete a minor in Education for this reason! In my free time I like to read, do pilates and go on walks, and spend time with my friends.

For my minor, I have already completed Intro to Education and Educational Development. In those classes, I regularly used my computer to complete assignments, so I am familiar with using technology in an educational setting in that way. However, in my prior experience teaching dance, I rarely utilized technology and relied more on pencil and paper. I only used technology as a means of communication with my students. 

In terms of my learning needs, I regularly use the typical resources necessary for completing assignments such as Canvas, Word, and Slides. I use Google searches quite often for research. I also often use YouTube as a resource for research or further explanation for concepts. Since my major is less test oriented and more project and performance oriented, I don't find myself using sites such as Quizlet or Sparknotes as often as other students. The same goes for AI generators such as ChatGPT.  

I'm looking forward to a great semester in this course and learning more about how to use technology in an educational setting.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EME Blog 5

EME Week 3: ISTE Standards and "Digital Natives"

EME Blog 7