EME Blog 4

 Hello!

For my standard, I've chosen RI.3.7 which outlines how students can evaluate media from different sources and formats in order to address or solve problems in the classroom. This includes sources such as online textbooks, videos and audio, spreadsheets, and even graphic organizers. Based on my current skill set, I feel like I would be prepared to assist students in approving the validity of these sources and give them the tools to evaluate these sources. However, I do not feel equipped when it comes to helping students create graphic organizers and spreadsheets based on the information they find. 

The CPALMS lesson plan I've chosen is about "Shifting Objects of Attention" in a theatrical scene onstage. In this lesson plan, students will learn what objects pull their focus in real life, and then use this exercise in their scenes to create more truthful moments for their characters. Based on the lesson plan resources, they suggest using a computer for my presentations along with a projector and a speaker. I would use these pieces of technology to present scenes to students where I think the actors have done a fantastic job allocating focus to different objects or people in those scenes. Headphones could also be used for individual learning where students could find their own examples of scenes to share with the class. 

As an educator, it is important to be a proficient internet searcher because finding trustworthy educational resources for the classroom is imperative for student learning. I learned so much about advanced searching this week and how that can be used to find specific information and sources on the internet. I could use advanced searching to specifically sift through websites for purely educational resources. I believe there is also a specifically educational/professional search engine that only pulls up credible sources on the internet that could be used for the same purpose.  

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In your last sentence, you mention a search engine specifically intended for academic sources. For this purpose, I tend to use Google Scholar. Searching through libraries and other academic resources can also help you find scholarly sources. Both students and educators benefit from using resources like these.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EME Blog 5

EME Week 3: ISTE Standards and "Digital Natives"

EME Blog 7